Dental Malpractice Lawyer in Indianapolis
Like other medical doctors, dentists are held to a high standard of care when treating their patients, and they can be held liable for harm caused when their treatment is negligent, incompetent, or otherwise falls below the accepted standard of care in their field of general dentistry or dental specialty, such as orthodontics, periodontics, or oral surgery. The personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Lee Cossell & Crowley, LLP represent victims of dental malpractice in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana statewide. Our lawyers represent people who have been damaged by any of the following:
- A defectively-crafted oral device
- Damaging a nerve during oral surgery or other treatment
- Failure to diagnose oral cancer or periodontal disease
- Failure to treat or unreasonable delay in performing treatment
- Failing to obtain a complete medical history
- Improperly administering anesthesia
- Unnecessarily extracting teeth, or extracting the wrong teeth
- Infection to teeth, gums, or jaw from improper treatment
- Failing to obtain informed consent before treating
Dental Malpractice Causes Serious Damage
Dental work is often uncomfortable in the best of circumstances. When errors are committed due to dental malpractice, the patient must often undergo painful and extensive reconstructive work with another dentist to undo the damage. Substandard dental work can also cause infections and other complications which may involve other systems of the body. With the help of experienced medical malpractice attorneys, it is possible to obtain compensation to cover all of the present and future medical costs involved, as well as compensation for time missed from work and so-called “noneconomic damages” to compensate for the pain and suffering and mental anguish that is often associated with dental malpractice.
Get Help with Your Indianapolis Dental Malpractice Claim
If you have been injured due to medical negligence or incompetence by your dentist, orthodontist, periodontist, oral surgeon or other dental care professional, contact the law office of Lee Cossell & Crowley, LLP in Indianapolis for a free consultation with compassionate, caring and experienced dental malpractice attorneys.